Cloudflare 403

verjinverjin OG
edited June 2020 in Help

I know 403 is completely a server issue and not from cloudflare but something strange is happening. Sites which are using Cloudflare and using cPanel are causing 403 error. Once I disabled and remove the NS of cloudflare the site doesn't give a single 403 error.

cPanel + Cloudflare enable > on multiple refresh sometime site loads without 403 error but mostly 403.
cPanel - Cloudflare disable > site work fine without any 403 error.

cPanel version is 88.06 (tested with these domain tlds .net, .co, .com)

I am unable to diagnose the cause, if someone having same issue please let me know how you resolved it?

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

Comments

• Try clearing the cache in CloudFlare and seeing if that resolves it. Might also help with activating developer’s mode to see changes faster.

• @Pwner said:
    Try clearing the cache in CloudFlare and seeing if that resolves it. Might also help with activating developer’s mode to see changes faster.

I already tried every possible cloudflare setting like
    1. Dev mode
    2. Cache clear
    3. SSL disabled
    4. Firewall IP whitelist

What works is, completely removing cloudflare.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

Try setting Cloudflare to DNS only (graying any orange clouds in the Cloudflare DNS options. See if the problem persists.
    Cloudflare DNS setup explained.

BikeGremlin I/O
    Mostly WordPress ™

• @bikegremlin said:
    Try setting Cloudflare to DNS only (graying any orange clouds in the Cloudflare DNS options. See if the problem persists.
    Cloudflare DNS setup explained.

Yes, I already tried but it is same.

• verjinverjin OG
    edited June 2020

Updates to original post:
    I tried with Vanila cPanel (without cloudlinux, imunify360) and it is working fine.
    Looks like there is an issue with cPanel (CloudLinux, Imunify360) with new updates.
    I will update this discussion after resolving this problem.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

For now - all my websites work fine with cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Cloudflare (with caching enabled).

BikeGremlin I/O
    Mostly WordPress ™

• @bikegremlin said:
    For now - all my websites work fine with cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Cloudflare (with caching enabled).

It must be Imunify360 then.

• I was experiencing the same issues, then I disabled RailGun and now works fine. Are you using railgun?

• @kalepond said:
    I was experiencing the same issues, then I disabled RailGun and now works fine. Are you using railgun?

No railgun but I have Cloudflare install in cPanel (with wrong APIs) so I removed CF completely from WHM/cPanel and it start working again.