Can anyone help out with 10 Gbit / Gbps Server?

As I have no clue right now whether there is any hourly based provider with 10 Gbit/s it is prolly better to ask if someone can help me out.

What do I need it for?
There is a little experiment I am doing. The purpose of this experiment is to see whether there is a speed limit for downloading youtube videos. Unfortunately the biggest port of my two servers is 1gbit and results vary between 40-120 mb/s.

Why?
Maybe you are familiar with youtube-dl(c) or yt-dlp. I was maintaining one or rather two successful forks (copies of a project which often evolves to a better one than the original) which is eventually now yt-dlp on github. So far I am still contributing to the projects in the background.
Who knows maybe you are using these tools.

For how long?
Well at least a few hrs would be nice. Traffic should not get out of hands ~10-30 gb at most (?) as it's just for testing purposes.

Another interesting aspect would be whether the network the server is on got a direct peering with google. Back when I had some more servers I noticed that on a 2.5 Gbit link with direct peering to google the full bandwidth was available when down- or uploading to google drive but no clue about youtube.

Alternatively if you familiar with python you can simply run my code and send back the results :)
Cheers.

Comments

• iirc all of linode's plans have 40Gbps inbound

https://www.linode.com/pricing/

• Hetzner Cloud, I can pull & push from google drive for about 4 Gbps

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• edited August 2021

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hetzner Cloud, I can pull & push from google drive for about 4 Gbps

How do you do that? What kind of software and settings/options?

Thanks.

• @ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Thanks.

I use rclone, you need minimum 3 vCPU (CPX21) to push 4 Gbps in and out. I filled 750GB upload limit on gdrive less than 40 minutes..

If you use 2 vCPU (CPX11), I think you are able to pull & push around 2 Gbps to gdrive..

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• I did a 100GB-ish transfer (push) from a CX11 to Hosthatch (LA) and got a very steady 100mbit/s for several hours, so I figured the CX11 was throttled that way. Within EU the transfer may be faster, and similarly with the higher end models.

I'm a bit scared of the enthusiasm (i.e. very heavy, automated use) that has been growing up around yt-dl. I find it invaluable for occasionally dl'ing a video for personal viewing, and figure Google will eventually kill it if it gets too popular.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Thanks.

I use rclone, you need minimum 3 vCPU (CPX21) to push 4 Gbps in and out. I filled 750GB upload limit on gdrive less than 40 minutes..

If you use 2 vCPU (CPX11), I think you are able to pull & push around 2 Gbps to gdrive..

What kind of rclone settings/options?
    I could never get over 30MB/s. Thanks.

• @ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Thanks.

iirc you need to use your own oauth key in order to get faster speeds

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ggkee said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Thanks.

As @sanvit mentioned, I use standard rclone copy with personal API, not rclone one.