MDDHosting reseller review

bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG
edited August 2022 in Reviews

I think that good hosting providers need all the praise they can get, so it's worth a mention, even if it isn't really "low-end."

Long, boring intro
After HostMantis changed ownership, I decided to move ASAP.
And, I wanted to find a provider with good 24/7 support to avoid any tricky questions from clients in case of any problems (even though @MikePT's MyW is running just fine).

I liked the "flexible" resource limits provided by HostMantis.
It's not the best option for literally re-selling hosting, but a great option for developers and similar (so a perfect match for me, since I manage all the websites I host).

And I saw MDDHosting offering just that. Had them on my shortlist for quite some time, so decided to give it a shot, before (instead of) Veerotech.

The essence

Relatively affordable price ($10 per month) - especially considering the service quality. I.e. I couldn't find anything cheaper with a similar service and, especially, technical support quality.

Very good stability and security, as far as I could test over the past few months.

The best technical support I've experienced. Willing to dive into WordPress-related problems even when they clearly have nothing to do with the hosting server/software. Very fast responses - with solutions, not "thanks for letting us know, we'll get back to you..."

OK performance - not what I'd call slow, but not among the fastest I've seen. I really wish they offered the performance of their Plaid shared hosting platform - I'd be happy to pay 3x the price and call it a day as far as hosting is concerned. But it's also nice to see them offering a (relatively) budget option (just wished they offered a more high-end reseller alternative along with that).

The above two bolded sentences combined probably don't make this a very good fit for the LES philosophy - and that's fine (and worth stressing, don't want to see anyone being misled).

My overall impression is they try really hard to provide the best possible service, and they seem quite knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy. It's nice doing business with such folks.

For even more details: my rather long MDDHosting review - with all the benchmarks and other boring, tedious stuff, as usual. :)

Of course, I must not forget to place my affiliate link (yachts and all):
https://www.mddhosting.com/support/aff.php?aff=1454

BikeGremlin I/O
Mostly WordPress ™

Thanked by (1)Ympker