★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $30/2YR- 768MB ★ $40/2YR - 1.5GB ★ $50/2YR - 2.5GB ★ $70/2YR - 4GB ★ LES

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Moti said:

@Moti said:
    my server is offline on AMSD029 and still won't boot from the time of activation before 10 days.
    never had such problems at virmach. i opened a technical ticket, because i'm not sure if it is my server or the whole node or if it
    even handled. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

My server is still offline, I chose Ubuntu and already tried to reinstall twice, server never booted, the Amsterdam servers issues were solved already, so maybe only my server has problems?

Yes, that's highly likely at this point. You should have a report offline ticket for it in the priority department.

edited May 2022

@xiaosan628 said: My VPS has been out of use for 5 consecutive days, and Virmach doesn't process or reply to tickets, which makes people feel very bad.

We're trying our best. We're trying more than our best to get to everyone. I barely sleep and I haven't had a social life or personal time for months.

You have to understand that we're getting nearly 300 tickets more than we usually do, per day, this month. We get to most of them but of course for the ones we miss, it definitely ends up looking very bad and that's not our intention. Ticket titles are the most important thing right now for getting a quick resolution and I don't mean "URGENT!!! HELP!! IMMEDIATE" but describing the situation. The second most important thing is being courteous and not creating a ticket unless you have to because we still are getting a ton of tickets that are unnecessary such as tickets reporting outage on a server that's already with an open network issue.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

@VirMach

Yelanki bananas are awesome

🍌

C3564-AE1-7-F28-424-B-B5-E4-C41077-EF4-D72

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ

VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

edited May 2022

@FrankZ said: VirMach is not a place where the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Our new official slogan.

@FrankZ said:
    For those of you who are upset about the issues that you are facing with your VirMach Special. I do understand that you are frustrated and your expectations have not been met. All I say is that complaining about it here will not make it any better. VirMach is not a place where the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Explain your problem with enough details in a reasonable way and it will get resolved eventually. I say eventually, because these are not normal times for VirMach and resolutions of big issues are going to happen before individual requests. Complain and start name calling and you will probably be dropped to the bottom of the to do list. It's your choice how you want to deal with it. I do not work for VirMach, but have been a customer for seven years and have many services with VirMach. I am facing some of the same issues you are but I do not complain because VirMach has been a great value for me and just keeps getting better as the years go by so I am grateful not upset. I also know that Virmach is working many, many hours trying to resolve all the issues and even if I do not see the results today I have confidence that it will be resolved as soon as is possible, which is all I can ask.
    Have a good day and now you can feel free to flame me.

It's still amazing to me that we basically have our own loyal PR person on these message boards. Thank you for all that you do @FrankZ and I really mean it. You've probably saved our company weeks of consecutive time in providing support and often do better than us given the circumstances we're in right now. You've probably saved me from 3 years of premature aging.

Complain and start name calling and you will probably be dropped to the bottom of the to do list

I will say though for how much it is in human nature to either prioritize or de-prioritize complainers or rude customers, I always try my best to remain neutral.

edited May 2022

@xiaosan628 said:
    @VirMach Can you not make customers think you are such a junk company? How many people will be cheated? No refund. It took a long time to start up. It couldn't be connected within a few days after starting up. There was no after-sales service! In addition to licking the dog, does this post dare to tell the truth?Can forum management drive out such garbage companies?

If that screenshot is supposed to represent our service being bad or indicating a problem, it doesn't. That's just the side-effects of using ModulesGarden plugin, Cloudflare, and SolusVM. It means you clicked reconfigure button and it took more than 100 seconds to reconfigure which does happen regularly.

@erictsang said: I have a question to ask:
    When will my Tokyo server be available?
    It's been almost a month since I paid and the order has been on hold. I haven't been rushed, I logged on to the website every day to see if the server status is on, but unfortunately nothing has changed, this endless waiting is breaking my spirit and I don't see any hope. I hope Virmach team can solve my problem and tell me when I can use Tokyo server.
    My Order Number is: 9423759481
    My English is not very good, so I used the machine translation.

I don't have access to WHMCS right now but let me know if it's still not provisioned and due date not adjusted.

@xuweidiy said:

@FrankZ said:

@skorous said:
    How big is it supposed to be? It looks like it's 80gig.

I think he is talking about the 15 GB that it shows in the top part of the screen shot.

@xuweidiy - Since the disk is showing 80GB have you tried the "extent volume" option?

@skorous said: It's weird. My NY vps that was on one of the nodes being migrated is now on Ryzen but my IP didn't change so I can't communicate with anything. Pinging some random local IPs it appears that I'm not alone either ....

Have you tried manually changing to the new IP and gateway in the network config of your VPS via VNC, and then rebooting? You should set the network config to static and not use dhcp to see if this will work.

I expect that the migrate script has gone fubar and the developer is trying to get it straitened out.
    It has to be a pita to develop a migrate script for all the different packages that virbot made over the years.

There is a problem with the WINDOWS system template. After reinstallation, it is only 14G, and it cannot be expanded or compressed.

This is just a guess but it's possible the new template we're using doesn't have the customized disk resize script we used and it results in Windows sometimes not using all the available space. You just would in this scenario go into disk manager and extend it as you normally would on Windows.

You mention it can't be extended though so that would make it very abnormal and I have no answer for that right now on this thread.

@axty said:

@FrankZ said:
    Hi @axty

Let us try to double check a few things as this is the first time I have heard of a situation like this.
    If you check in the billing panel under Services tab, My Services and then check all the pages, is there no service for this order marked "Pending" or "Rejected"?
    and
    If you check under the Billing tab, My invoices is there an invoice for this purchase, and is it marked "Paid", or "Cancelled" ?

--

@AlwaysSkint - Good to see that worked out for you. Have you been rubbing Bobby’s nose ?

I checked that there is only one service I have purchased and used normally in the My services tab.
    In the My invoices tab, there is
    only the bill I paid for the normal service at that time + the invoice that was automatically cancelled because it was not paid in time in OGF.
    It sounds incredible - he mysteriously disappeared except for the order number and the voucher of my payment method.

Make sure you have a ticket for this if you don't already, but based on skimming through those screenshots it looks like your service may be stuck on a hidden account that has blank details, a bug. We go through these every once in a while and refund them automatically. If it's not that then it needs a ticket.

@xuweidiy said:
    @VirMach Hi, My disk size is wrong and cannot be used normally, please help to check and process, Ticket ID: 377482.

Okay so based on that screenshot the only other thing I can think of is that there was a weird SolusVM bug on the lvextend step of their coding as a result of you being placed on a node that was almost full or on a pv that was almost full. If that's the case we'd need to manually fix it on our end and that'd require a ticket.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    Miami: QuadraNet@Equinix?

I don't see Miami in the Ryzen migration form?
    Can you move 107.175.115.176 to Miami instead of New Jersey?

We'll add that in when Miami is ready.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • ehabehab Content Writer

@vyas said:
    @VirMach
    Yelanki bananas are awesome

beware of Vyas traps

never pickup any banana like objects.

Thanked by (2)vyas FrankZ
  • edited May 2022

I haven't used this VPS for continuous production, because I've been using the old VPS for 4-5TB for a month, so I haven't moved from the old VPS to this VPS. I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?
    I already explained. the ticket is already the 3rd ticket for the same problem, and every 7 days it is automatically closed by your machine, the problem is not solved. "I buy, I have to get my rights, it's called fair"
    **edit
    something went wrong on your part, why do you even ask me back? very funny. I've been patient, but what did you do to solve this problem???

@VirMach said:

@vgood said:

Is this actually urgent? I'll take a look if you're currently at 1.5TB or higher usage, otherwise, if it's not, I do not understand why you're upset in this situation or why you believe it justifies asking for support here if you already have a ticket in with us. Let me know.

• Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ

"Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

• @VirMach said:
    We'll add that in when Miami is ready.

Any plan for Frankfurt/Miami pre-order?

@vgood said: I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?

Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency situation for you since you're not close to running out. If you start using it and you get close to being negatively affected by it and we still haven't got back to you, then feel free to let me know via other channels.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@vgood said: I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?

Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency situation for you since you're not close to running out. If you start using it and you get close to being negatively affected by it and we still haven't got back to you, then feel free to let me know via other channels.

Taking a step back, I can understand why he'd be reluctant to migrate to the VM if it's been incorrectly provisioned and will likely be cut off in 2 weeks when he runs out of bandwidth (according to his expected usage ~4-5TB/mo). Especially if he's had several tickets autoclosed. Though, I can't rule out the ticket titles being a factor of why it slipped through the cracks, because if the ticket title was:

@vgood said: "I buy, I have to get my rights, it's called fair"

and not "VPS Incorrectly Provisioned with 2TB BW Instead of 6TB" or similar, then I can't say I'm surprised ;)

Humble janitor of LES
    Proud papa of YABS

• why did you turn to ask me??? can you solve this problem or not? simple is what i want. I've been waiting for 1 month for this same problem, 2 tickets have been closed by you, 1 more ticket, no response and resolution. can you not solve this problem?????????? when??????

@VirMach Said :
    Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency....

• @VirMach said: When I say torrenting I mean if you go to a game developer's website and click to download the game legally and they happen to share it via torrent, then it's fine as long as you have a poor share ratio (meaning you just download and quickly stop it after you're done, which may not be very courteous to the entire torrenting system but if you start seeding a lot it's also not very courteous to our terms of service.)

Nobody ever means that description. When they mean that they don't bother to ask. ;-)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited May 2022

Thank you @Mason you are more observant with my statement. if I now use this VPS for my production purposes, the BW will run out and it's very annoying and new problems occur.
    a little correction, the ticket title is clear (see picture) my first ticket with this problem was 23/04/2022, this is the 3rd ticket after the previous 2 tickets were closed by @VirMach and there has been no resolution until now.
    this time i experienced something strange. I asked for my rights to the VPS service provider because the specs did not match the order, but instead asked what the reason was. very funny, even though it's easy at other VPS service providers for things like this, you don't have to wait long to get it done. Should @virmach explain why this problem is not solved and not solved even though it's been a long wait.

**edit picture

@Mason said:
    and not "VPS Incorrectly Provisioned with 2TB BW Instead of 6TB" or similar, then I can't say I'm surprised ;)

Thanked by (1)Mason

@Mason said: Taking a step back, I can understand why he'd be reluctant to migrate to the VM if it's been incorrectly provisioned and will likely be cut off in 2 weeks when he runs out of bandwidth (according to his expected usage ~4-5TB/mo). Especially if he's had several tickets autoclosed.

I'm not really disagreeing with him on the whole situation he's in being valid, and I'm not trying to provide any reasoning for his ticket having taken that long, but I'm basically letting him know that it's not a situation that would warrant me moving him in front of the queue by grabbing my attention on a message board. We get a lot of these attempts recently, mostly on OGF, and once in a while people tend to use their words in a way where it may sound more concerning and all that does is take up time and end up upsetting everyone when I don't budge ;)

I was not providing a suggestion by default that he move over and risk it but only that it would be the only situation where I would consider it on the higher bracket of "urgency" when it comes to our current ticket backlog. It's crucial for us to try to pick out the correct tickets to do first.

Thanked by (1)Mason
    edited May 2022

@vgood said: Should @virmach explain why this problem is not solved and not solved even though it's been a long wait.

Because our ticket volume is currently abruptly +8,000 closer to +10,000 more tickets than usual per month and as a result there are 1,000 tickets out of those additional amounts we've fallen behind on due to spacetime continuum constraints. Would you like me to provide an explanation for the other 999 tickets in queue right now?

Maybe we should have a competition and message everyone to post about their tickets and we vote on which one should be done first. /s

• What's going on with networking in AMS?
    I see response over 1s

@andyevil said:
    What's going on with networking in AMS?
    I see response over 1s

What specific node? AMSD025?

• @VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

edited May 2022

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Network issue already open for it and we're aware.

Nevermind, for some reason I thought I created it when I didn't. Sorry, I've been up for something over like 2 days now and starting to get a little loopy. I've been trying to work this into my schedule for around 12 hours now but it's being difficult. We may just have to reboot it if I don't get to it soon as that'll save a lot of time. Since the node has network issues to that level it also means I have network issues trying to do anything on it as well.

Edit -- created now.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach said: I'm not really disagreeing with him on the whole situation he's in being valid, and I'm not trying to provide any reasoning for his ticket having taken that long, but I'm basically letting him know that it's not a situation that would warrant me moving him in front of the queue by grabbing my attention on a message board

Right and that's understandable. Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when you spend 30 minutes of time resolving an issue that affects 50 people. Can't argue with that.

All I'm say is that it's not considered an "emergency for [him]" yet because he doesn't want to put himself into a position where it will potentially be one (by migrating prematurely and potentially not being able to get it resolved before he gets auto-terminated, assuming that's what the procedure is for exceeding bandwidth). No doubt the issue will be resolved eventually once things mellow out.

@VirMach said: Maybe we should have a competition and message everyone to post about their tickets and we vote on which one should be done first. /s

Make it into a game and vote on / hand out awards for the ticket subjects. "Most descriptive". "Made me say WTF aloud". "Definitely not a Friday problem". etc.

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ

Humble janitor of LES
    Proud papa of YABS

@Mason said:
    Right and that's understandable. Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when you spend 30 minutes of time resolving an issue that affects 50 people. Can't argue with that.

Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when I spend 30 minutes of time debating the semantics & philosophy of my decision with said customer in a public forum.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Sorry for the repost, but I made a order on April 9th for Order Number: 5169572945. Can I please get it activated? Thanks a lot.

• @VirMach said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Nevermind, for some reason I thought I created it when I didn't. Sorry, I've been up for something over like 2 days now and starting to get a little loopy. I've been trying to work this into my schedule for around 12 hours now but it's being difficult. We may just have to reboot it if I don't get to it soon as that'll save a lot of time. Since the node has network issues to that level it also means I have network issues trying to do anything on it as well.

Edit -- created now.

For some reason now I see response under 10ms.
    Thanks!

@thecatinsomehat said:
    Sorry for the repost, but I made a order on April 9th for Order Number: 5169572945. Can I please get it activated? Thanks a lot.

Sorry we missed it & you had to repost. All set.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Edit -- created now.

For some reason now I see response under 10ms.
    Thanks!

God damn, problem is still here.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
    edited May 2022

@andyevil said: For some reason now I see response under 10ms.
    Thanks!

Don't thank me, thank the gods. I'm now a blasphemer. I'm assuming it'll go back up if the abuse continues but now I can actually get something done on it finally. Looks like I spoke too soon, it's back to being unusable.