★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $30/2YR- 768MB ★ $40/2YR - 1.5GB ★ $50/2YR - 2.5GB ★ $70/2YR - 4GB ★ LES

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Just wanted to provide you guys with a little update on what Psychz is doing.

After they did what they did, they didn't want to lose our business so they decided to take it upon themselves to essentially force us to stay as their customer. We put in a notice to cancel Los Angeles, which had it's annual contract already expired. We also were told we could cancel Chicago since they set it up incorrectly, and created a ticket for that which was promptly ignored.

• They pretended to re-activate Amsterdam without our request, this is after we clearly moved all servers away since a cabinet didn't exist. They continued billing us for Amsterdam.
    • They ignored our request to ship out equipment from Los Angeles. They continued billing us for Los Angeles.
    • They ignored request to cancel Chicago. They continued billing us for Chicago.
    • They ignored all our requests to correct the bill. They suggested we figure out Amsterdam first, which to them is forcing us to take Amsterdam again.

The only two "devices" on our account are Los Angeles and Dallas, which means we don't actually have Chicago or Amsterdam, which we're still being billed for monthly (as well as Los Angeles.) The only valid bill is Dallas, which we have been paying. They've also charged us "storage" fees for any equipment they refused to ship out.

They will not allow us to pick up our equipment from Los Angeles, citing they money we owe them for the previously mentioned cancelled/ghost cabinets.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I can assure you that I'm not fabricating any of the details.

Some screenshots below.

@soulchief said:

@ralf said:

@VirMach said:
    Once I'm done with these or close to done, I'll go through all the comments I missed.

You should definitely visit the OGF thread sometime when the bulk of your problems are solved. Some of their issues might already be resolved, but there definitely seem to be quite a lot of some people complaining about not having access to their VPS for many weeks, so predating the CC incident, and getting very upset that nothing is happening with their ticket.

(Edited to some because I guess the number of complaints on OGF is probably small compared to number of instances, tickets or any other metric).

I wonder how many of them actually have VPS's with VirMach and how many are being paid to make negative posts about VirMach. Haven't checked OGF yet, but yesterday people were wanting them banned from LET, labelled a deadpool provider and that VirMach is commiting fraud... lol.

Not to mention probably 3/4 of the people complaining can probably fix the issue on their side, but I guess it's easier to say "NOT WORKING!!!" then providing even the slightest details that could help fix it.

It would be hilarious if we got banned based on that reasoning. I'm sure they would also ban the provider that closed paid services without notice since they are completely unaffiliated.

@AlanDS said:
    My backup has been loaded to Chicago. But OS seems to be corrupt. Mine had Windows 2016.
    It's going to "Preparing Automatic Repair".... and then black screen.

Any way to repair OS without reinstallation? If I mount any available image, VM doesn't boot.

Are you trying Windows 2022? That's been corrupted for a while on some nodes and we haven't had time to redo the image. Well we actually did but it wouldn't compile due to an SVM bug and I haven't revisited. Your best bet would be to mount Windows 2019 ISO and re-install it using the Virtio drivers under the driver tab. You'd load in this disk during the installation process on the disk menu.

@Jab said:

Seems like I am unlucky, unlucky again >:D

Most likely on the last few nodes being loaded into Miami. There's some likelihood it could be another scenario though if you're extra unlucky.

@rpollestad said:
    @VirMach I just got an invoice generated for my dedicated server that is gone. I left the service as is in the panel, despite requesting a replacement, because a) I still want the service and b) I assume you might need an accounting of active services for credits, replacement specs, etc.

Any thoughts on what I should do here? (It's not due until the 15th)

You can just avoid paying for it. We were supposed to stop any invoices from generating but that our developer's task. It's possible some leaked through in which case we have a list. If you have a ticket open for the replacement just mention it and we'll be sure to clear it up. Even if you don't mention it, we'll probably still clear it up as we get to your ticket today (hopefully.)

@skorous said:

@VirMach said: For dedicated servers, we now have about 30% of them available for immediate provisioning. I fell behind on handing them out the last two days as several other tasks came up such as fixing ATLZ007 which went down again, as well as configuring several new nodes and troubleshooting the last dozen builds I need to send out and probably a dozen other smaller tasks, but we're on track to finish all the deliveries today.

Is it better to create a ticket if I'm not in a hurry because you can allocate that server to someone else or is it worse because you're already overwhelmed with tickets? I originally just did nothing figuring that was best but it sounds like I should put one in.

@VirMach said: As for customer Ryzen builds, we did have a smaller portion of the E3 purchases being upgraded by customers to Ryzen builds, I believe 3600X. We just couldn't do those because all the motherboards ended up being used for the VPS builds. The prices on those also went up and the only alternative required a KVM switch setup for IPMI which meant we had to more specifically plan out exactly which cabinets they went into and it ended up being a logistical nightmare with everything else going on. Again, this was just a small quantity of them so it's basically just a footnote to the whole scenario.

Is this the final state version of Ryzen dedi- upgrades? I had planned to upgrade both of mine when the time came but I thought that was something that was going to happen later. Other than the initial message I never heard anything about it. Would still like to do it tbh.

Creating a ticket is fine. These don't make as large of an impact right now as you would think and in the end we'll probably have to do the same amount of work to get it sorted, one way or another.

Upgrades will still be available, it will just be after everything else. Best case scenario it would be Q4 2022. Good news is that maybe we can offer it at a discount price if we catch it at the right timing, and that'd be as older hardware is on sale but before it's actually sold out and becomes "rare" which tends to happen as well. (For example at some point in time 3900X cost more than 5900X.)

@AlwaysSkint said: 1 x offline DALZ007 256MB RAM due to being totally fubar. Would be transferred to another member had it been working.

I do see 12x VMs already on our "<0.6% list" I've mentioned a few times, that are on DALZ007 so I'd assume you're one of those.

@lesuser said: There is another VPS for which I am facing a small issue of not being able to access SolusVM.

If this is already on Ryzen, let me know the ticket ID as I want to make sure no Ryzen nodes are having panel accessibility issues. We've done several rounds of checking these but it's possible one may have slipped through with everything else going on.

@o_be_one said: My instance is offline since more than 1w, and clicking the "boot" button doesn't change anything. It doesn't start at all, no bios, no kvm, nothing.

This could be our fault. The person tasked with ensuring all VMs are online after migration may have missed this node. I'll have her double check her work.

And that's all of page 61 replied, I'll go through other pages soon.

• @VirMach said:
    Just wanted to provide you guys with a little update on what Psychz is doing.

• They pretended to re-activate Amsterdam without our request, this is after we clearly moved all servers away since a cabinet didn't exist. They continued billing us for Amsterdam.
    • They ignored our request to ship out equipment from Los Angeles. They continued billing us for Los Angeles.
    • They ignored request to cancel Chicago. They continued billing us for Chicago.
    • They ignored all our requests to correct the bill. They suggested we figure out Amsterdam first, which to them is forcing us to take Amsterdam again.

The only two "devices" on our account are Los Angeles and Dallas, which means we don't actually have Chicago or Amsterdam, which we're still being billed for monthly (as well as Los Angeles.) The only valid bill is Dallas, which we have been paying. They've also charged us "storage" fees for any equipment they refused to ship out.

They will not allow us to pick up our equipment from Los Angeles, citing they money we owe them for the previously mentioned cancelled/ghost cabinets.

Nigh Sect method:
    When in doubt, sue.

CBS method:
    Drive an armored vehicle into Los Angeles.
    Bring power drill.
    You'll have your equipment back in no time.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Gonna be honest - I am shocked that VirMach is still trying to do something with all the shit happening around :D

• edited August 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: B'jesus!
    @FrankZ "Get 'im telt!"

When they stopped responding to requests for details, or follow up on suggestions, I stopped trying to assist on the OGF. I expect as @soulchief said they are not real at this point. I think the only one of the group that is still trying to help out on OGF is @skorous but I don't think he is getting anywhere ether.

Thanked by (1)tototo

Certainement qui est en droit de vous rendre absurde, est en droit de vous rendre injuste - Voltaire

• @Jab said:
    Gonna be honest - I am shocked that VirMach is still trying to do something with all the shit happening around :D

Just goes to show that he's serious, persistent and wants to keep the ball rolling :+1:

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach said: ...on what Psychz is doing

All I have to say is...

Humble janitor of LES
    Proud papa of YABS

• Is this them? "Watch us wreck VirMach, watch us wreck Virmach, Psychz!" (0:25)

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    Dedicated servers update. A few of these delivered but definitely missed "we're on track to finish all the deliveries today" mark. Working hard on closing these out soon.

Once I'm done with these or close to done, I'll go through all the comments I missed.

so dedicated servers are really lost? no chance to get them up or data? server has a backup, but a the time email arrives server was 8 hours down already. just to know.

• edited August 2022

@VirMach said: The only two "devices" on our account are Los Angeles and Dallas

thats where my dedi are but is down =(

• @FrankZ said:
    When they stopped responding to requests for details, or follow up on suggestions, I stopped trying to assist on the OGF. I expect as @soulchief said they are not real at this point. I think the only one of the group that is still trying to help out on OGF is @skorous but I don't think he is getting anywhere ether.

LImited time offer (until we either go to jail or give all our money to the court for past sins): Double the bandwidth on Racknerd if you bash Virmach?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @pure said:
    My storage service in Tokyo,No shipments so far.
    I chosen 1. Full Refund & Cancellation.
    Could u please give me a refund asap?
    thank u very much.

my account : [email protected].
    my Invoice : 1412728

I'll send you email. I have $10 000 000 and I want to share it with you. I only want you to help me a little bit. I need $1000 to pay old bills. I can't get money before the bills are paid. No refounds.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @dedicados said:
    so dedicated servers are really lost? no chance to get them up or data? server has a backup, but a the time email arrives server was 8 hours down already. just to know.

Unfortunate combo of bad:

1. Management software sucks ass, said it sent the email earlier that day but didn't
    2. Server owner sucks ass and pulled servers that were still trying to be kept and paid for
    Thanked by (1)dedicados
  • @dedicados said:

@VirMach said:
    Dedicated servers update. A few of these delivered but definitely missed "we're on track to finish all the deliveries today" mark. Working hard on closing these out soon.

I'd assume so, glad you had backups!

• well... 🥴💩

• @Virmach Looks like ATLZ007 is playing up again - must have a right nasty b'stard hosted there! :open_mouth:
    BTW, my previous listing wasn't a call to action, especially for that $3.75 Dallas titchy one! ;)

lowendinfo.com had no interest.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virmach Looks like ATLZ007 is playing up again - must have a right nasty b'stard hosted there! :open_mouth:
    BTW, my previous listing wasn't a call to action, especially for that $3.75 Dallas titchy one! ;)

I always wonder why I haven't been notified when someone says ATLZ007 isn't working, then remember I'm on 6 not 7, soo close lol

• ^ I don't have monitoring on them (not quite important enough, yet), otherwise it'd drive me (more) nuts. :)

• edited August 2022

@FrankZ said: When they stopped responding to requests for details..

You missed the point of me tagging you. It was the misuse of then/than. :p
    Also, paraphrasing "Frank, get the door", along with this:

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

psyched sounds real fucked up.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited August 2022

^ They got the psykitz. (Trans: skits/skoots/diarrhea.) Sometimes caused by ColonCrossing.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

hope you got a case to sue them literally for millions losses.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach
    Is there any chance I can access data on my dedicated server that has been down since August 4th?
    Domain
    NY1.SSD026
    Operating System CentOS 6
    Gateway: 172.245.161.161 Allocation: 172.245.161.160/28

• @markbidz said:
    @VirMach
    Is there any chance I can access data on my dedicated server that has been down since August 4th?
    Domain
    NY1.SSD026
    Operating System CentOS 6
    Gateway: 172.245.161.161 Allocation: 172.245.161.160/28

It's worth taking a quick read on the last few pages of this thread. Start on page 54. You'll have a better understanding of what happened and why the short answer is "it's not likely".

Thanked by (1)markbidz
  • edited August 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: I'd like things to be better but, hey, Virmach will get to them eventually (being unusually optimistic!).

Same, but on the side i dont see that kind of price for this kind of power, so i'm patient as well as usually i got luck with VirMach uptime outside of this actual time of migration. It's an hard operation!

@AlwaysSkint said: MXRoute still rejects cron/system emails

Maybe a service like heatlchecks.io can serve you better? Or use AWS SES (it's really cheap! like 0.50$ for 5k mails)? I don't know the context i may be totally out of scope ^^.

@soulchief said: yesterday people were wanting them banned from LET, labelled a deadpool provider and that VirMach is commiting fraud...

Honestly it took me some time to like VirMach. Communication was not good at all (a bit better since maybe 1y) and felt really rude (if you send ticket you are treatened to be billed, on the side ticket answers were... Not looking always kind). But overall i've accepted VirMach as their provide extremely cheap price and deliver performance. You can't really count on their ticket system since years, but you pay half the price you should if you take servers on the best time. I still see the active community, and still see VirMach evolving and growing, so even if it's not my favorite provider it's now one i respect.

What is OGF please?

@VirMach said: It would be hilarious if we got banned based on that reasoning

No worry they didn't banned PulsedMedia while they've deserved it for real, so you don't have to be afraid.

@VirMach said: This could be our fault. The person tasked with ensuring all VMs are online after migration may have missed this node. I'll have her double check her work.

Thank you for your help, my VPS is back and i've closed my "Priority Support" ticket :). Good luck with all those operations! Seems a huge fight.

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.

• @o_be_one said:

What is OGF please?

Other Green Forum, took me a while to find that out as well

My VPS also came back in the control panel on a Miami node. Still shows old IP address in both billing and VPS control panel. Started the VM and can access it through VNC only, restore seems to be from a backup of 26th of July. Tried to reconfigure network from the panel but that did not help, still shows the old IP address and thus does not have network access. Shut it back down for now, not sure if I should wait more or perform other action?

Thanks

Thanked by (2)o_be_one AlwaysSkint
  • Daily loosing millions thread update:

LockedMach (c) TheDP

Thanked by (1)TheDP
  • Noooooo! Expect a load of junk threads incoming soon!

From OGF:

Try tagging virmach or open a thread at lowendspirit.

• @cistargz said:

@o_be_one said:

What is OGF please?

Other Green Forum, took me a while to find that out as well

My VPS also came back in the control panel on a Miami node. Still shows old IP address in both billing and VPS control panel. Started the VM and can access it through VNC only, restore seems to be from a backup of 26th of July. Tried to reconfigure network from the panel but that did not help, still shows the old IP address and thus does not have network access. Shut it back down for now, not sure if I should wait more or perform other action?

Thanks

I tried ordering an IP address change, $3 , hoping it would be automated but to no avail. It creates a ticket that is added to the queue. I can only hope it can somehow mitigate the process and/or for some communication from @VirMach .

• Now , nothing loads https://imgur.com/a/uUClzZK
    For reference my vps is down for more than 1.5 months now
    No response nothing

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• edited August 2022

@codelock said: No response nothing

Screenshot tells us nothing (especially unreadable on a 14" screen).
    Have you tried to rebuild it using a Ryzen template, in Solus?